If you’re looking for a delicious macaroni & cheese recipe that has a fun twist on this rather classic dish, then you’re going to love this recipe! The Gourmet Baked Tomato Basil Macaroni & Cheese recipe uses two different types of cheese and when combined with an authentic blend of marinara sauce from Cucina Antica, this is a recipe everyone is sure to love.
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 cups Cucina Antica Tomato Basil Sauce
1 lb. of elbow pasta
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 cups of milk
6 tbsp butter
½ tsp. garlic
Salt and pepper
Basil to garnish
Start by preheating your over to 375F degrees. Then lightly grease 6 oven-safe ramekins, as this is what you’ll bake the macaroni & cheese in. I love how you can take them straight out of the oven and they’re ready to be served!
You” then want to fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Prepare the elbow noodles al dente, then set them aside.
Using the same large pot melt the butter, then add the garlic and milk. When everything is blended well, add in the cheese. I started with the parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until it’s well blended. Then I added the cheddar cheese last.
You’ll notice the mixture will become a nice and creamy blend, and that’s when you’ll want to add the 2 cups of Cucina Antica, followed by the al dente elbow noodles.
Mix everything together, then evenly distribute the prepared macaroni into the pre-greased ramekins and sprinkle each dish with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Bake the dishes for 35-45 minutes, then allow them to cool before adding a basil leaf or two as garnish.
This recipe is so good, it’s even newsworthy! I had the pleasure of hanging out with Shelia Gray and Bob Herzog so I could share how this recipe is made. They both did a taste test and agreed, it was delicious! ☺️
- 2 cups Cucina Antica Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1 lb. of elbow pasta
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups of milk
- 6 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp. garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Basil to garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease 4-6 glass ramekins.
- 2. Prepare pasta al dente. Drain and set aside.
- 3. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Stir in milk and garlic and cook until thickened. Add 2 cups of cheddar cheese and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese and continue to stir until melted. Add 2 cups of Cucina Antica Tomato Basil Sauce and mix well. Once combined, add pasta.
- 4. Evenly distribute prepared macaroni into prepared ramekins and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste and top with evenly spread breadcrumbs. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- 5. Remove from oven and allow to cool for five minutes. Garnish with basil, and serve.