I’m always looking for new and different recipes, and this one fits both categories. It’s not only delicious, but I’ve never loved brussel sprouts more. There’s something about them being fresh, then roasted with olive oil.
Regardless, this recipe is sure to please with it’s variety of ingredients. I served it with a baguette and that was perfect for dinner!
- 1 lb of fresh brussel sprouts
- 5 TBSP of olive oil
- 1/2 TSP of Kosher Salt
- 1 lb (16 oz) of pasta of your choice
- 6 chicken sausage links, sliced into coins
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup of pesto
- Shredded parmesan cheese, for serving to top the dish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. While the oven is warming, trim brussel sprouts. Cut off the brown ends, remove any discolored outer leaves, then cut in half.
- In a large bowl, mix the cut brussel sprouts with 4 TBSP of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, spread the brussel sprouts out evenly and roast for about 25 minutes. Remove them from the oven and set aside.
- Heat 1 TBSP of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage (cut into coins) and cook until they are nearly browned -- 5 to 10 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Once cooked and when draining, make sure you reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water incase you feel like you need it for your recipe.
- Toss together the roasted brussel sprouts, cooked sausage and garlic, pasta and the pesto. (This is where you'd add in some of the reserved pasta water if you feel necessary).
- Serve warm and topped with shredded parmesan cheese and ENJOY!