As I slowly begin to add posts back to the blog after a long hiatus and design change, I wanted to also continue to share some of my favorite recipes, too!
This one was a hit with the family, while not taking much time to put together. The taste is unique, but creamy and the different textures of the breaded shrimp, avocado and noodles combined make this dish a definite keeper!
- 1 1/2 lb. of shrimp
- 3 TBSP of bread crumbs
- 2 TBSP of olive oil
- 1 can of chicken broth (14.5 oz)
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of mango peach salsa
- 8 oz of linguine
- 3 TBSP of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- salt & pepper
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to your liking before breading.
- To bread the shrimp, I added the bread crumbs to a bowl before adding the shrimp to toss and coat.
- Heat 2 TBSP of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to the skillet in an even layer (you might have to cook them in two batches). Cook for 2 minutes per side, until the bread crumbs are golden brown and the shrimp are pink.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- In the pan, combine the broth, heavy whipping cream, salsa and linguine. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the linguine is cooked.
- Meanwhile, dice the avocado and chop the cilantro and set aside.
- Once the pasta and sauce are ready, add to plate and top with shrimp, cilantro and avocado. Enjoy!