Not only is this recipe easy, it’s good for you and delicious! While I wouldn’t call myself a food expert, I do enjoy cooking and if I really like a recipe, I’m happy to share! This recipe takes a little over 30 minutes to make from start to finish.
- One egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup of bread crumbs ( I made these by just toasting three pieces of bread and mashing it)
- 2 TBSP of chopped cilantro
- 2 TBSP of soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 TSP of sesame oil + 1 TBSP for cooking meatballs
- 1 TBSP of ginger
- 1 LB of ground chicken
- 10 oz (roughly) of whole wheat thin spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 orange or red bell pepper
- 1 package of carrot chips (use 1 to 2 cups for recipe)
- 1 cup of green or napa cabbage
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cashews, crumbled
*Make this recipe even healthier by using reduced sodium chicken broth and soy sauce.
In a large bowl combine the egg, bread crumbs, soy sauce, cilantro, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Mix it all together then add the ground chicken and mix again.
Shape the mixture into 1 to 1 1/2 inch meatballs. In a large skillet, add 1/2 TBSP of sesame oil and add the meatballs. Turn occasionally and cook the meatballs for 10-12 minutes until they’re browned on the outside and cooked throughly. Set aside once done.
Cook your pasta according to the package directions. Drain and keep warm.
In the meantime, add the chicken broth to a second skillet and bring to a boiling. Cut the pepper into thin slices and chop cabbage.Once the broth is boiling, add the cabbage, carrot chips and sliced bell pepper. You can add more vegetables if you’d like, but I used two cups of carrot chips, sliced a large pepper and the 1 cup of cabbage.
Reduce heat and allow the vegetables to simmer for around 3-5 minutes, covered.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken broth and vegetables, chicken meatballs and spaghetti.
Garnish with chopped green onions and crumbled cashews.
*This recipe makes about four large servings. It’s delicious and I know I’ll be making this over and over again! Enjoy.